By making ergonomics a part of your routine at work (and home) you can keep your body free of strain and pain.
Check your workstation to make sure you have:
• Chairs with proper lumbar and arm support. Desk chairs should be adjustable for height.
• Your feet are flat on the ground or on a footrest.
• The viewing distance from your eyes to the monitor is at least 18 inches.
• Your keyboard and mouse are at approximately elbow height.
• Lighting is sufficient enough that you don’t have to strain, but not too bright where glare becomes an issue.
• Short breaks from the screen to rest your eyes. You should look away from your screen for a short time, every 15-20 minutes.
• Breaks to get up and stretch/move around to keep your blood flowing.