Careers – Service Manager
Tom’s Truck Center, a leader in light and medium duty commercial truck sales and service is looking for an experienced service manager.
The Service Manager plays a very important role in our organization. We are seeking a stable, aggressive, commercial truck service manager with 5+ years management experience and technical knowledge of diesel engines for a large, busy shop. Strong leadership, problem-solving, and sales ability with intimate understanding of electronic dispatching preferred.
- Must have COMMERCIAL TRUCK dealership experience
- Strong sales skills / proven success in sales
- Professional appearance and communications
- Provide a high level of customer satisfaction
- Ability to learn quickly
- High sense of urgency
- Flexible team player who is able to work well with others
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment
- Organized, thorough and detail oriented.
- Excellent problem solving abilities
- Valid California driver license and insurance
- Must be willing to submit and pass physical, drug screen, and background check.
- Motivate and manager 15+ technicians and 3+ advisors
- Interact effectively with internal and external customers
- Provide continuous training for process improvement
- Create marketing plans to increase customer base and improve customer retention while increasing profitability
- Create and retain positive work environment
- Provide back-up support for advisors and technicians when necessary
- Participate in cold and warm calls to build and maintain customer relationships
- Inspect and maintain shop equipment
- Must be willing to work some Saturdays
- Must have minimum of 5+ years Service Management experience (Commercial Management preferred)
- CDK experience preferred
- Ability to self manage and make sound decisions with little direction
- Demonstrated high degree of self-motivation and initiative, organizational and time management skills, attention to detail
- Effective oral and written communication skills (bilingual Spanish is a plus).
- Proficient in MS Office software with the capacity to learn other job specific applications
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- 401K with company match
- Paid Vacation
- Wellness Program