Human Resources Manager
Tom’s Truck Center is a commercial truck dealership located in Orange and LA counties. We’ve been established since 1949 and we are a leader in the light and medium duty commercial truck space.
We are currently hiring for an experienced Human Resources Manager. This position will oversee all essential HR functions for the company.
Recruit applicants for open positions. This includes initiating and developing creative methods/ techniques to source, recruit and interview quality professionals. Write/posting ads, phone screens, interviews
- Develop social networking contacts via social Media, association contacts, community resources, school/universities, etc.
Coordinate the new hire process. (Send offer letters, process background checks, clinic screens, reference checks, new hire paperwork, pay plans, etc.)
- Handle employee grievances and disciplinary actions. Document and see through to conclusion.
- Terminations/Exit Interviews
Health Benefits (education, enrollments, COBRA, open enrollment)
- 401k education
- Lead and develop wellness program.
- Oversee performance management.
- Respond to employee grievances and conduct investigations as necessary.
- Organize and conduct Employee Appreciation events.
- Oversee safety. Facilitate safety committee meeting, safety corrections, supplies, training and drills.
- Track training and manufacture certificationsAssist with tasks and projects.
Other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of 3 years Human Resource experience required.
- Minimum of 1 year recruitment experience (writing/posting ads, screening resumes, conducting phone screens and initial interviews)
Strong business acumen and diverse business perspective.
General knowledge of Human Resource laws in California.
- Knowledge of recruitment strategies
- Experience facilitating interviews/presentations/training sessions/orientations.
- Desire to learn about industry regulations.
Competitive drive to succeed and demonstrate personal value.
Ability to guide negotiation to a positive outcome for all parties.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Ability to exercise considerable judgment, maintain confidentiality and act with diplomacy & tact at all times.
MS Office skills, to include Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
Experience with ADP Workforce know strongly preferred.
- Must be great at multitasking and time management.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
Must be a professional, neutral party when it comes to working with employees and conducting employee investigations.
Pay: Salaried range of $60,000-$80,000. Compensation DOE
This is a full-time benefit eligible position. Benefits include: medical, dental, vision, 401K with company match, vacation pay and paid holidays.