Inside our Used Sales Department: Mark Konen
We would like to welcome back Mark Konen to the Tom’s Truck Organization. He has joined the used sales team, and has hit the ground running. For those of you who have not had the chance to meet Mark, here is your chance!
- How long have you been working at Tom’s Truck Center? I am into my 8th
- Have you always worked in truck sales? Other professions? Outside industrial sales.
- What do you like about working at Tom’s? The people I work with and the product line.
- What is your role here at Tom’s? Used and new truck sales.
- What do you like best about working at Tom’s? Best perk? Again, the people. Best perk? Benefits are good but the occasional swag is nice too!
- What is the best advice someone has given you for succeeding in this industry? “Follow every step of the sale from start to finish.” – Tim Manzano
- What is one important skill that you have acquired at Tom’s? Trial closing.
- What piece of technology could not work without? Tablet.
- Favorite hobbies or activities? Strength training and coaching.
- How would you spend $1 million? Travel, invest, pay off debt.
- Favorite sports teams? Green Bay Packers.
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be? Here is great, but maybe southwest Oregon.
- What is the best vacation you have ever taken? Hopefully the next one to Panama and Costa Rica. Previously, St. Maarten.
- If you could host a talk show, who would be your first guest? My wife. She has great stories. A well-known person? I’d bring George Carlin back.
- What would you do with “15 minutes of fame”? If I could bank it, that would be great!
- If you could stay a certain age forever, which age and why? 28 or so. Because of what I know now and combined with a younger mind and body with the energy to match, I would be tearing it up!
- If you had $1,000 to spend at one store, which store would you pick? You can send me that thousand to my Amazon account.
- Worst pet peeve? Misuse and misspelling of words is the start of a long list.