Interview with OJ Manriquez
- How long have you been working at Tom’s and what is your role here? I’ve been with the organization for a little over 22 years.
- What did you do prior to working for Tom’s Truck Center? I used to work for the City of Orange in the transportation/parts department.
- What do you like best about working at Tom’s Truck Center? I like the people I work with, everyone gets along so well. Plus, my position keeps me busy and active.
- What do you like most about working in the service department specifically? In all honesty, it’s making big sales and helping customers.
- Goals that you have reached with Tom’s? It’s not exactly a goal, but I push myself to work hard and to do the best I can every day.
- What is the best advice someone has given you for succeeding in this job? Never give up. Don’t hit the curbs and stop. Thanks, Greg Halsne!
- What is one important skill that you have acquired at Tom’s? I’ve gotten better at offering services to customers. It took me some time, but I feel I’m great at it now.
- Favorite hobbies or activities? I like doing yard work, playing golf, occasionally gambling, and spending time with my grandkids.
- How would you spend $1 million? I would spend it wisely. Send my grandkids to college. Probably invest too.
- Favorite sports teams? The Dallas Cowboys.
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be? I would say Scotland.
- What is the best vacation you have ever taken? When I took the whole family to Hawaii for my wife and I’s 30th anniversary. It was great!
- What piece of technology could not work without? My cell phone.
- If you could stay a certain age forever, which age and why? 62, since it’s the beginning of retirement.
- Any funny sales stories? Nothing I can particularly say here. But in person, sure!
- Worst pet peeve? It’s not a pet peeve, more of a dislike. But when people are dishonest. Just tell the truth.