Interview with our Commercial Account Manager – David Hwang
1. How long have you been in the truck industry?
Any other professions? I have been in the truck industry for 3 months. I was previously a real estate agent and I worked at a lender doing wholesale lending prior to being a real estate agent. I also dabbled in car sales when real estate was slow.
2. Have you always been in Sales?
I have been in sales for 15 years.
3. What do you like about working in Sales?
I really enjoy meeting new people and helping with the whole sales process.
4. What is your role here at Tom’s?
I do New Truck sales.
5. How long have you been at Tom’s?
I have been with Toms for 3 months.
6. What do you like best about working at Tom’s? Your favorite perk?
I like the independence I get working as an outside salesperson. My favorite perk is the burritos at the sales meeting and health benefits.
7. Goals that you have reached with Tom’s?
I would like to be one of the of top sales people at Toms Truck Center.
8. Any upcoming sales or deals?
I am working with University Foods on a 2 truck deal. I am working with Lucky Moving company on a possible 5 truck deal. I just sighed up Kosher Provisions. I literally have been working Kosher Provisions since the day I started. I visited him over 5 times.
9. What is the best advice someone has given you for succeeding in Sales?
I firmly believe that persistence always will break resistance.
10. What is one important skill that you have acquired at Tom’s?
I have learned to listen. When you listen and go to every meeting and training you end up following the correct procedures. There are no delays when you follow the correct procedures.
1. Favorite hobbies or activities?
I am a foodie. I love all types of food. I also enjoy short road trips to Vegas, San Fran and San Diego.
2. How would you spend $1 million?
I would donate to my church, Ronald McDonald House and Children’s Hospital. I would use the rest of the money to buy a house cash just outside of Los Angeles and move my parents in with me.
3. Favorite sports teams?
Not a big sports fan but always supported the LA Clippers and Dodgers
4. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
5. What is the best vacation you have ever taken?
6. What piece of technology could not work without?
My Samsung Note 9.
7. What would you do with “15 minutes of fame”?
Meet a sitting President.
8. If you could stay a certain age forever, which age and why?
16 no real worries in life and you can drive a car.
9. Any funny sales stories?
I literally did a cold call in San Gabriel and the owners still smoked in the office like it was 70’s and they offered me a cigarette. They sold live fish to Asian Restaurants. It was a total trip.
10. Worst pet peeve?
People who don’t clean up after themselves.