Meet Dave Price!
We like to occasionally interview our employees, to get to know a little bit more about them, and to share it with our customers! This month, meet our Parts Counter Salesman, Dave Price!
- How long have you been working at Tom’s and what is your role here?
I’ve been at Tom’s Truck Center for 28 years, and I’m currently working as a parts counter salesman.
- What did you do prior to working for Tom’s Truck Center?
I was a mechanic for Petro Lane.
- What do you like best about working at Tom’s Truck Center?
Most all of the bosses within the company.
- What do you like most about working in your department(s) specifically?
The environment and getting paid.
- Goals that you have reached with Tom’s?
I made it to the 300 lbs. mark in weight – lol.
- What is the best advice someone has given you for succeeding in this job?
I have two ears and one mouth, listen more than you speak.
- What is one important skill that you have acquired at Tom’s?
Learning how to successfully use a computer to do my job.
- Favorite hobbies or activities?
Eating and going on cruises.
- How would you spend $1 million?
I would go on a world cruise with my wife.
- Favorite sports teams?
The Los Angeles Dodgers.
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
- What is the best vacation you have ever taken?
My trip to Alaska, it was beautiful and a lot of fun.
- What piece of technology could not work without?
My computer – it’s an absolute must.
- What would you do with “15 minutes of fame”?
I would probably give a shout out to my children.
8. If you could stay a certain age forever, which age and why?
40. That’s the age I met my wife.
9. Do you have any funny work stories?
We found someone trying to wash themselves in one of our bathroom sinks so we had to ask them to leave, the story itself still makes me chuckle because of how odd the situation was.
- Worst pet peeve?
Rude or uncalled for attitudes.