Meet Robert Valenta!
We like to occasionally interview our employees, to get to know a little bit more about them, and to share it with our customers! This month, meet our Truck Sales Rep, Robert Valenta!
- How long have you been working at Tom’s and what is your role here?
I have been working in Sales for Tom’s Truck Center since 2014.
- What did you do prior to working for Tom’s Truck Center?
Product development manager, sales manager, and hardware MFG.
- What do you like best about working at Tom’s Truck Center?
My relationships with co-workers and customers.
- What do you like most about working in sales in general?
There is no limit to what you can earn (market permitting).
- Goals that you have reached with Tom’s?
Some of our Top sales.
- What is the best advice someone has given you for succeeding in sales?
- What is one important skill that you have acquired at Tom’s?
- Favorite hobbies or activities?
Boating and Motor Cycle riding.
- How would you spend $1 million?
I would spend it on Real Estate.
- Favorite sports teams?
Rams and Lakers.
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
St. John, Virgin Islands.
- What is the best vacation you have ever taken?
The trip I took to Rome.
- What piece of technology could not work without?
My cell phone.
- What would you do with “15 minutes of fame”?
8. If you could stay a certain age forever, which age and why? 35. You’ve already learned most life lessons and you know what you want out of life, plus I’d still have my throwing arm.
- Any funny sales stories?
I walked into an account to drop off some business cards and I was greeted by my aunt who I hadn’t seen in many years.
- Worst pet peeve?
Slow drivers in the fast lane.